Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Concept Sketches: Character profile

Working out some of the details with one of the characters. One thing I wanted to avoid with this new webcomic that I fell into with "My HMP" was not having a solid design for each character. When I first drew Edgar I got it to a point where I was like ,"that's good enough." It hurt me down the road because I could never draw him consistently. It was only until about strip #80 where I was able to draw him and the other characters the same. Below you will see some concepts for one of the supporting characters. I reverted back to dotted eyes rather than framed ones just because I like the look of them on the characters. I will probably do an occasional frame eye to emote certain looks, but for the most part it will be pretty minimalist.

If you're wondering what this has to do with yesterday's concept art, you'll have to wait and see. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment