Friday, December 21, 2012

Love me some Board Games!!

This is going to be kind of an off topic post but given the current Xmas season it brings up one of my favorite past-times when I get with family and that's games. Board games to be specific. There's something unique about getting with family and friends, turning off the TV (unless the Christmas Story is on or something) and putting down the game remote to bust out a classic board game and have a ball with your closest loved ones.

One thing that I recently came across was Geek and Sundry, specifically the show TableTop. If you are a fan of board games and haven't checked it out you need to do yourself a favor and check it out (see link below). If you are thinking about getting a board game but don't know what to start with, and don't want to default to Monopoly or Scrabble, Will Wheaton (host) does a great job of explaining the game as he and a rotating group of celebrity guests compete. One of the show's strong points is encouraging peopel to try new and unique games and not to judge a game by its cover. There seems to be a resurgence in Table Top gaming and if you want to jump on board (pun intended), then this is a great place to start. I've linked one of my favorite episodes below that you should check out.

I hope everyone has a blessed and joyful Xmas/holiday and do yourself a favor and play a board game with a loved one this season. There's so many great games to choose from, I'm sure you'll be able to find one you like.


http://tabletop.geekandsundry.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment